Rather than trying to fit a breakdown of four separate days in one long post, I figure I’ll give you a general recap so as not to bore you to tears. Suffice it to say, the timeline is half-right in my experience this time around.
Boundless energy, indeed! Friday through Monday was a whirlwind of productivity, exercise, and good (compliant) eatin’. I have really been feeling the benefits of the program over the last 4 days – both mentally and physically.
- I’m definitely sleeping better and am clearer and sharper throughout the day.
- I don’t have to snooze my alarm nearly as many times (though I’d be lying if I said I didn’t at all) and once I’m awake there’s less of a dread to remove my head from the pillow.
- There’s no question that my energy levels are much, much higher and stable from morning til evening without the dreaded 3 P.M. slump.
- My skin is clearing up nicely, and I’ve been happy to spend less time covering it up with makeup in the mornings.
- Clothes are fitting better and a few recent compliments have told me that people are starting to notice.
- Workouts are feeling stronger and more productive.
- Routine is helping me stick to my program – and comforting in those times that I might have less-than-Super-Woman-willpower.
- You know how they say “practice makes perfect”? My culinary skills are far from perfect, but man, you work them out on Whole30 – and they improve.
When I said the timeline was only half-right above, I’m referring to my lack of crazy food dreams and Twinkie (or other frankenfood) cravings. Thank you, Whole30 Gods, for smiling down upon me this time and sparing me the pain of cheating and eating dreams. I’ve experienced this phase before, but luckily I seem to be okay thus far. Making lots of delicious, compliant food has helped me stay on track and push through any thoughts of my main craving … just a simple glass of wine, people! I just want to imbibe! I could eat Whole30 all year round if it weren’t for the ban of my beloved fermented grapes. Here’s an idea of what I chowed down on over the course of the phase:
So, yes, wine or even a cold beer would have paired perfectly with many of my meals – yet, I am still compliant. We made it half way people!
Latest posts by Dorothy (see all)
- The Time Has Come, My Little Friends, To Talk of Other Things - 16 March, 2015
- Dorothy’s Whole30: FULL RECAP - 20 August, 2014
- Dorothy’s Whole30: Days 26-30 - 19 August, 2014
- Dorothy’s Whole30: Days 20-25 - 18 August, 2014
- Dorothy’s Whole30: Days 16-19 - 9 August, 2014